We are looking for six 5-8 minute long clown acts for our winter Clown Flex!
The show will take place on Thursday, December 7th at 8pm at Brooklyn Arts Haus
and will be hosted by Julia Proctor.
Who should apply: experienced performers with a funny/beautiful/creative/stupid/superintelligent clown act, who have attended or taught at least one Clown Gym workshop. It should be well-rehearsed and something you’re very excited to share.
Vibe of our show: funny, creative, messy, innovative, moving, full of love. Clown! Whatever that means to you. Note: do not make a literal mess in your act.
If accepted, we prefer that you do not perform this same act the week before our show.
A note on how we curate:
The producers review all submissions and decide together as a group. We aim to create a balanced and varied evening. This includes:
- a combo of solo, duo and group acts
- a range of approaches from clown including red nose, physical comedy that does not rely on words, to more talking/verbal comedy and things in between
- we accept one or two other forms like bouffon, but try to keep most acts in the world of clown
- a balanced range of new work to a work in progress to an excerpt of a longer produced show.
We only feature a performer once a season.
To apply you must be available for:
1. Company rehearsal on Monday November 27th from 7-10pm in Midtown.
2. Tech rehearsal from 4-7pm at the venue (we can stagger call times if you work during these hours).
3. 8pm performance, 7:30 call time on Thursday December 7th.
The Brooklyn Art Haus is located at 24 Marcy Ave in Williamsburg.
Deadline to submit: October 20th midnight ET.